- The current and expected role for NP's and PA's in the healthcare workforce is to help address the shortage of primary care physicians and provide accessible and cost-effective care. Nurse practitioners (NPs) and physician assistants (PAs) are both advanced practice providers who are trained to diagnose and treat patients, prescribe medications, and manage chronic conditions. However, NPs are registered nurses with advanced education and training, while PAs are trained in medical model education.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the healthcare industry is projected to add 2.4 million new jobs from 2019 to 2029. NPs and PAs are expected to grow at a faster rate than other healthcare professions, with a projected growth rate of 52% and 31%, respectively.
- The rising numbers of seniors will increase the demand for healthcare services, particularly in the areas of chronic disease management and long-term care. This will require an increase in the healthcare workforce, including NPs, PAs, and allied health professionals.
- Gender pay inequality refers to the disparity in pay between male and female workers for performing the same job or work of equal value. This is evident in the U.S. healthcare system, where women earn less than men in most healthcare professions, including nursing, physician assistants, and physicians.
- Allied health professions play a vital role in the healthcare workforce by providing diagnostic, therapeutic, and support services to patients. These professions include medical technologists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and respiratory therapists, among others.
- Different types of hospitals include acute care hospitals, which provide short-term care for patients with acute conditions, and long-term care hospitals, which provide care for patients with chronic or complex conditions. Specialty hospitals focus on specific conditions or populations, such as psychiatric hospitals or children's hospitals.
- Hospital admissions related to patient age tend to increase with age, with older adults accounting for a significant portion of hospital admissions. Hospitalization type and payer source also affect admission rates, with higher rates for emergency admissions and patients with Medicaid or no insurance. Length of stays varies based on the type of care required and the severity of the condition. Readmissions are more likely for patients with Medicaid or no insurance and those with chronic conditions.
- Skilled nursing facilities provide medical care and rehabilitation services to patients who require more intensive care than can be provided in a non-skilled nursing facility. Non-skilled nursing facilities provide assistance with activities of daily living, such as bathing and dressing, but do not provide medical care.
- Types of outpatient services available in the U.S. include primary care, specialty care, diagnostic imaging, laboratory testing, and urgent care. The number and availability of outpatient services have increased due to advances in technology, changes in healthcare delivery models, and efforts to reduce healthcare costs.
- The purpose of public health, according to the CDC, is to promote health and prevent disease, injury, and disability. This includes tracking and responding to disease outbreaks, promoting healthy behaviors, and ensuring access to healthcare services for all populations.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics. (2020). Healthcare Occupations. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/home.htm
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2020). Public Health 101 Series. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/publichealth101/index.html
- Institute of Medicine. (2010). The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK209880/
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2016). Allied Health Workforce. Retrieved from https://www.hrsa.gov/sites/default/files/hrsa/advisory-committees/allied-health/meetings/2016/may2016/AlliedHealthWorkforce.pdf
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2017). The U.S. Nursing Workforce: Trends in Supply and Education. Retrieved from https://bhw.hrsa.gov/sites/default/files/bhw/nchwa/projections/nursingworkforcetrends.pdf
- U.S. Government Accountability Office. (2018). Health Care Workforce: Trends in Nursing Education and Practice. Retrieved from https://www.gao.gov/assets/700/694728.pdf
This question has already been tackled by one of our writers and a good grade recorded. You can equally get high grades by simply making your order for this or any other school assignment that you may have.
Every Student Buys Essays from us, here is why!
Pressed for time to complete assignments or when you feel like you cannot write, you can purchase an essay on our website. Some students also want model papers to use as samples when revising or writing. There are also students who approach our essay writing service to beat deadlines. We handle every type of homework, assignment, and academic writing tasks. You can buy college essays and other assignments here. At a glance, here are some reasons students prefer our website.
100% Original Essays and Papers
You can be sure that you are getting a paper that is custom written based on your instructions. We do not sell papers that are pre-written. Instead, we write every essay from scratch. When you say “write my essay,” we respond by giving you a paper that is 100% original and free of any plagiarism. The essays you purchase from us have never been sold anywhere.
Flexible & Affordable Prices
It does not cost a fortune to get academic writing help on our website. If you have a question from class, place an order, get a discount, and get cheap essay writing services. What you see as the price is what you pay for. There are no any hidden charges. If you need urgent papers, they might cost a little more, but the price is worth the quality you get in the end. Hire a professional academic writer beginning from $13 a page.
Anonymity, Privacy, and Confidentiality
No one will ever know that you purchased an essay or assignment from our website. The essays you buy from us are written by experts. Your data is only used to coordinate the essay writing services you get. No one can access your personal information and data. Go ahead and order an essay from our website. It is safe, secure, and convenient.